High School, TJC, and Proven Scholar Scholarships
1. Applicant must be female.
2. Applicant must be registered as a full-time student.
3. High School applicant must attend a public high school in Smith County.
4. Tyler Junior College applicant must be a graduating sophomore.
5. Proven Scholar applicant must have completed at least 30 hours at TJC, UT Tyler, or Texas College.
6. The application MUST BE submitted online.
7. A current, unofficial transcript must be emailed to our Scholarship Committee.
8. Two (2) letters of recommendation must be emailed to our Scholarship Committee.
9. A photocopy of SAT and/or ACT scores must be emailed to our Scholarship Committee.
10. Completed applications must be submitted online. All applications must be submitted by March 1.
11. Preference for the TJC scholarship will be given to graduates of area high schools.
12. Applicant must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
13. Seriousness of purpose and determination to pursue higher education will be considered.
14. Financial need of family, number of dependents living at home, number of family members in college, and income will be given consideration.
15. School, leadership and community activities, as well as work experience, will be considered.
16. Disclosure of all other financial aid applied for or received must be listed on the application.
17. Personal interviews are required after selection of finalists.
18. Permanent address and home telephone number of parent(s)/guardian must be included on the application.
19. Scholarships are non-renewable.