In November 1931, at the home of Mrs. R.W. Fair, a group of women, all university graduates, met to organize a Tyler branch of American Association of University Women. Miss Lucy Marsh was the first president of our branch. During the late 1930s and 1940s, the branch contributed to the War Relief Fund and undertook bandage rolling as one of its activities during the war years. Child development and foreign relations were some of its early programs.
Tyler Branch Mission Statement: The Tyler Branch provides opportunities for camaraderie, personal growth and community services, while fostering a commitment to education and equity for women and girls.